Shop for a cause and add some whimsy to your home with this magical memorial portrait of Maddie, a rescued goat, from Indraloka Animal Sanctuary.
"Maddie was used for breeding goats for meat on a "humane farm". She was bred often, for many years, and her body suffered the consequences. Because she was the only goat in her herd without horns, she was often bullied and did not have as much access to food. When she was too old to breed anymore, the farmer discovered no one would buy her for slaughter because she was so skinny. He asked a neighbor to shoot her, but another neighbor heard about it and negotiated with the farmer to bring Maddie to Indraloka, instead. Maddie spent several years living in freedom and surrounded in love at Indraloka Animal Sanctuary. She enjoyed her days lounging with her friends, snacking on fresh veggies, and napping in the sunshine. Maddie crossed over peacefully as a very old lady goat in early 2018. She will be remembered by many animals- human and non-human alike- for her resilience, gentle nature, and sweet heart."
Indraloka Animal Sanctuary provides “heaven on earth” for farm animals that have nowhere else to turn. They inform, inspire, and empower the community, especially children, on ways in which we can better care for ourselves and the environment while helping animals in need. They advocate for a kind and compassionate diet that protects animals, the earth, and our own health. Since being founded in 2005, Indraloka has rescued and cared for over 1,000 animals through their natural lives, while placing thousands more in homes and sanctuaries.
- Digitally printed on fine art paper with Canon ChromaLife+ Ink
- White space around artwork, as shown, for easy matting. 5”x7” prints are full bleed.
Full bleed prints for 8"x8" and 8"x10" sizes available upon request - please leave note in the cart.
- Paper specs: white, ultra smooth, archival grade, acid free, 88lb. vegan paper stock
- This listing is for the print ONLY. Frame not included
- Shipping products are USA-made, eco-friendly, and made from 100% recycled materials
- Mailed with chipboard and compostable or recyclable sleeve for protection
- Larger reproductions and wrapped canvas prints available for certain pieces upon request.
A portion of this purchase will be donated to Indraloka Animal Sanctuary - $5 for every 8"x10" print and 6" wood block,
$3 for every 4" wood block and $2 for every 5"x7" print and ornament.
This item will ship to you directly from our studio in 2–6 business days. Contact us if you need it by a specific date.
Some items are packaged and shipped separately.
Read more about shipping and production times.